Tape wound cut cores are ideal for transformer design engineers who require one to several thousand transformers in shapes that are unavailable in standard lamination sizes. They also are ideally suited where weight or dimensional requirements are critical and have to be reduced, including chokes, pulse applications and current transformers.
Cut cores of special geometric shapes or shapes not available in standard lamination sizes for chokes, pulse applications and current transformers.
Cut cores are ideal for transformer design engineers who require one to several thousand transformers in shapes that are unavailable in standard lamination sizes and are ideally suited where weight or dimensional requirements are critical and have to be reduced.
Almost any size or 3-phase core can be made without expensive tooling. Special geometric shapes and assembly configurations are available to meet your design requirements at minimal costs. Cores are manufactured with new computer controlled precision equipment or with traditional cut core manufacturing procedures.
- Full magnetic utilisation of grain oriented silicon iron in the rolling direction
- Lighter weight for same VA power rating
- Flux densities through 2.1 T
- Air gap that can be easily adjusted for specific choke design
- Outstanding pulse performance, including high pulse permeability with or without reset
- Operating frequency up to 40 kHz with thin gauge core material
- Operating temperatures up to 175 °C
- Reduced core noise
- Easy selection and low assembly costs
- Wide range of core mandrels available from stock for quick delivery
- High quality assurance of your finished parts from our proven designs and advanced manufacturing facility
- Special sizes or shapes can be readily manufactured to meet your custom or standard designs
Magnetic Metals tape wound cut core manufacturing processes are designed to produce cores having the lowest possible losses and magnetising currents. Where required, special selection of steel is made to meet exacting specifications for very low loss, high pulse permeability, etc. Through improved cutting procedures and butt end preparation, the air gap at the face is kept to an absolute minimum. As a result, the assembled cores exhibit exceptionally low hum and low exciting current.
- Amorphous alloys
- Nanocrystalline alloys
- Cobalt iron
- MicrosilTM; (grain oriented silicon steel)
- Square 50 (nickel-iron)
- SupermalloyTM (80% nickel-iron)
- SuperPermTM 80 (80% nickel-iron)